PFC 102 – Blueprint Reading for Commercial Construction
Learn from a licensed architect how to read blueprint drawings for a mixed-use commercial project which includes hotel, retail and parking. Review the architectural and all engineering drawings. Learn about project specifications. The course materials are from real-world projects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the inter-relationship between the drawings included in a set of Construction Documents (blueprints) for a Mixed-Use Commercial project.
- Analyze different drawings and see how information is referenced throughout a set of Construction Documents.
- Evaluate the similarities between all sets of construction documents submitted for building permits.
- Recognize the need for consistency in presenting information in all types of Construction Documents.
- Gain experience understanding how 3D model presentations within a set of construction documents makes the construction documents easier to understand the project.