Transfer of Credits into VDCI
All prospective students wishing to transfer credits earned at another institution into VDCI can submit an application. VDCI assesses the transfer of credit based on the quality of credits earned relative to the courses offered at our institution, the student’s performance in the transferred courses, and the institution at which the credits were earned.
Students may transfer up to 75% of the clock hours into a program. Students wanting to transfer VDCI courses into a program must have completed their graded courses within the past two calendar years from the date of submitting their transfer of credit application.
Accepted credits include those earned from:
- Institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Institutions that align and are consistent with established, recognized industry training standards.
UCSD Extension courses taught by VDCI-associated professionals do not require assessment. VDCI course transfers into a program do not require assessment or evaluation. Please find the respective transfer of credit applications below.
Transfer of Credits Application
VDCI’s Academic, Curriculum, and Student Services Managers are responsible for assessing and approving the transfer of credit applications. The transfer of credit application must be received by VDCI’s Student Services Team at least 30 days before the first day of the student’s first course cycle.
The transfer of credit application must contain the following:
- Student’s name
- Course title
- Date of completion
- Institution or employer name
- Website link
- Explanation of coursework
- Institution catalog
- Proof of completion/transcript (must contain the course title, percent of course completed, and the numeric and letter grade for the course)
Please be aware that receiving credit for transfer may impact a student’s financial aid status or eligibility. Additionally, VDCI has the right to deny credit for courses incompatible with those offered in its programs.
Transfer of Credits for Veterans
Veterans applying to VDCI will have their prior coursework evaluated according to federal requirements. Veteran transfer of credit policies will adhere to the same parameters mentioned above.
Credits Not Accepted by VDCI
VDCI does not accept the transfer of credits for examinations such as:
- The ACT Proficiency Examination Program (PEP)
- The Regents’ College Examinations
- The College Board’s Advanced Placement (AP) Program
- The College-level Examination Program (CLEP)
- The Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Support (DANTES) Subject Standardized Testing (DSST)
- Widely accepted industry certification
- Institution-developed tests
Transfer of Credits From VDCI
VDCI provides students requesting credit transfer to other institutions with guidance and counseling and an official transcript, syllabi, or course outlines upon request. As a nationally accredited institution, students are awarded credit for all VDCI classes based on the Carnegie Unit. The Carnegie clock-to-credit hour conversions for academic purposes are calculated for lecture, lab, and externship/internship.
The receiving institution determines the transferability and acceptance of clock hour credits earned at VDCI to another college, university, or school. We strongly encourage students to discuss how their individual VDCI courses will transfer with the registrar’s office of the receiving institution before they enroll.