CFC 101 – Site Utilities, Earthwork & Foundations
Learn about the roles played by the design & construction team. Learn how the site is prepared, the types of equipment used, different types of soil conditions & why various building foundations are used.
- The construction team and the on-site construction activities
- Different types of soils and subsurface conditions.
- The equipment and the heavy equipment we use on a site – scrapers, dozers, excavators and more.
- Clearing and grubbing the site.
- Installing the site utilities.
- Preparing for our building, with Earth work and excavation support.
- Installing foundations.