ISAT is searching for a talented and motivated VDC Specialist I to join our Total Support team. This person will play a key role in effectively populating and coordinating design models, exporting project-related information, and acting as an informational resource within the VDC Service Group. This is the perfect opportunity for anyone who is excited about virtual construction and eager to elevate their knowledge, skills, and experience.
Candidate will have additional opportunities to provide content education on an as-needed basis.
*Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary Range: $25-40/hr
- Maintain working knowledge of multiple software platforms related to VDC. Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, BIM 360, BIMTrack and Navisworks, as well as, their related file formats, system layouts and the related ISAT procedures. Ability to effectively troubleshoot any issues that arise on these platforms and convert all client native file formats to ISAT workflow.
- Understand and utilize advanced features of Navisworks Manage, including the creation of cuts, search sets, batch files, fly throughs and exporting clash reports in various formats.
- Understand and implement 2D and 3D deliverables consistent with VDC Service Group Standards. This includes, but is not limited to, seismic bracing, vertical supports, point loads and GTP point management.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of the proprietary ISAT/CEAS Revit families and software tools while understanding how they are integrated with other business operations (quoting, submittals, bill of materials, production).
- Efficiently populate, coordinate, and spool all ISAT and CEAS related content in a BIM model.
- Thorough understanding of standard construction means and methods. Ability to identify appropriate product solutions to be utilized while addressing productivity and constructibility issues.
- Review tasks created by VDC Delivery Manager (VDC-DM), communicate needs for additional information/scope clarification and effectively communicate to VDC-DM or additional VDC Specialists/Detailers.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of hardware and engineered solutions utilized by ISAT that may be populated as model content.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of pertinent sections of the IBC, UFC and CBC building codes.
- Understand and comply with VDC Service Group time entry and productivity reporting standards within NEXUS.
- Confirm submitted work complies with VDC Service Group quality control standards. All submitted models must be clash free and meet deliverable standards.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience with increasing responsibility for project components related to BIM.
- Knowledge of BIM tools and applications relating to cost, scheduling, estimating, design and coordination.
- Familiar with LEAN and LEED construction techniques.
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities. Demonstrated ability to present technical material.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in BIM computer applications such as Navisworks Manage, Autodesk Point Layout, Trimble, Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, BIMTrack and Smart Plant3D.
- Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to occasionally climb permanent and temporary stairs, climb ladders, negotiate work areas under construction, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally requires passenger use of construction personnel hoists. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job regularly requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk, hear and stand. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The successful candidate must pass a background check
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K Program
- $100k Life Insurance
- Accelerated Growth Opportunities
- Access to the Largest Construction Projects
- Nationwide Offices
- A Competitive and Rewarding Environment
- A Diverse and Inclusive Workplace