What does an Interior Designer do?
An Interior Designer uses computer-aided design (CAD) and modeling (SketchUp, Revit) software to plan, design, and furnish rooms or buildings that are practical, aesthetic, and conductive to the intended purposes of the environment.
What skills are needed to be an Interior Designer?
- Proficiency in computer-aided design (CAD) software (AutoCAD), building information modeling (BIM) software (Revit), and design software (SketchUp)
- Collaboration with team members including interior designers and architects and clients
- Expertise in time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Creative thinking and design knowledge
- Specified training from a vocational school, on-the-job training, or an associates degree
What is the pay for an Interior Designer?
According to O*Net OnLine, the median annual salary for Interior Designers is $60,340. It is important to consider that wage varies based on geographic location, education, experience, and type of organization of which you are employed. 27-1025.00 Interior Designers
Do I have to work full-time as an Interior Designer?
Most Interior Designer positions are full-time and in-office positions, although there are part-time and remote options available.
Who does an Interior Designer work for?
An Interior Designer is typically supervised by a Lead Interior Designer or an Architect. Interior Designers have many levels available throughout a design department.
How can a VDCI Technology Certificate help me?
A VDCI Technology Certificate will teach you the technical skills requested by employers. Throughout the Technology Certificate Program you will develop complex problem solving skills, time management skills, and specific workflows within industry-leading software.